Monday, August 24, 2009

Smoking or Non-Smoking

With all the busyness associated with the Summer, I am almost thankful it is coming to an end. I think every weekend there has been some event, and this isn't going to change for a few more weeks! This last weekend was no exception. We all attended a friends outdoor wedding on Saturday. What a magnificent day - the weather was gorgeous and the thought of this person finding that someone special was a blessing. We are just tickeled with the two of them as Mr. & Mrs.

During the service, the pastor was speaking. We only got to take in about 65% of what was spoken, with a 7 year old and the bees and flies, our attention was diverted slightly. The pastor was speaking of when we leave this earth will we be sitting the "smoking or non-smoking section"? Louis picked up on this immediately and said, quite loudly, "Mom, you and dad are going to be in the smoking section, right?" I did a quick, but inconspicuous nod and he repeated himself, only louder this time, "MOM, YOU AND DAD ARE GOING TO BE IN THE SMOKING SECTION, RIGHT?" I quickly agreed with him and he said, "You both smoke, so you will be in the smoking section!" I didn't have the energy to explain to him the phrase of the pastor, nor did I think he would even understand.

I think it may be time to quit smoking...the last thing I want him to say to others is, "At the wedding, I told mom and dad that the pastor said they would end up in the smoking section!" UGH - the brain of a 7 year old!

No comments:

Post a Comment