Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Balooka Lou

I spent about 4-5 hours on Friday evening cleaning out Lou's playroom. Ugh. With the "purging of the playroom", you always find broken toys, new toys you didn't think existed and toys rarely played with. Most of the first and last were given away to friends or are currently living life out in the Hudson Landfill (do we even have one?!). I got a super deal on new bins for his shelves and they are looking "spiffy" with the newly organized, new-found toys.

One of the bins is now used for those green, plastic, probably lead encased, army guys. What boy didn't have these growing up? I think, even as girly, girl as I was I may have had a few. These days, you can find them as cheap as 40 for $1 (Thank you Target $1.00 aisle!). Louis' toys are so organized now, he finds himself playing with things he didn't in the past. Thus the army guys.

Now that the army guys are seeing the day of light again, I find myself under attack many times during the day. They are lined up on tables and floors just waiting for the right moment to make their next move hostage or take their next hostage.

Louis asked me, during one of these attacks if I thought a Balooka would work well in the fighting. Once I figured out what he was talking about (Bazooka) I agreed that a balooka would work well. I didn't correct him. I think Balooka sounds just fine. He is growing up so quickly and mastering the English language so well, that once in a while a faux pas like Balooka really makes sense.

It feels good to know that my little boy, the one that just yesterday, it seems, was dancing around to The Wiggle's, isn't grown up yet. He isn't old enough to understand the ways of the world and the intricacies that come along with growing up. He isn't a bratty teenager or an in-between tween. He is still my little boy - playing with his army guys and their balooka's!

No comments:

Post a Comment