Thursday, July 30, 2009

The Windy City ~ ~ ~

Well, we are packed up and ready to go - off to Chicago for the Feiges Family Reunion.

I have mixed feelings about this weekend. I hate riding in the car that long. I hate not being able to sleep in my own bed. I hate not seeing the "Girls" (Ava & Lucy). I hate having to drive back home and be deluged with laundry. What I like about traveling is that I don't have to clean up (much) after my husband and son, eating out, doing different things, meeting new people. This weekend will be interesting, as we don't know most of the people at this shin-dig. But, what a great way to meet new members of the family!

Speaking of The Windy City, my dearest husband was breaking wind last night in Hudson. I have now coined Hudson, "The Windy City of the West" I know what you are thinking: toots, farts, stinkers or poofs. No, none of that. SNORING!

I finally got to bed around 12:30am (packing, cleaning (why do us women insist on cleaning the house before we leave for vacation??, etc.) and I laid down for a solomn night of slumber to hear loud zzzzzzzzzz's coming from a foot away from me. After much proding, poking, telling him to turn over, and wondering if I could really go to prison that long for strangeling my snoring husband, my only saving grace for a good night sleep was my comfy couch. So I reluctantly dragged my pillow downstairs, covered up with a blanket and finally, by around 1:15am, fell asleep.

When I mention to him that his snoring is terrible, it is always an excuse: I am not feeling well, my head is clogged, I am so tired I snore, yadda, yadda, yadda. I am at the point that if we have to live like Lucy and Ricky - in seperate beds, so be it. I am getting too old to not have a full night sleep. Something needs to be done unless I get a female judge with a snoring husband!

So, in a couple of hours, we will be on the road, off to a new place, to meet new people. Staying in a strange hotel, with strange people. My only prayer is that the hotel room has two double beds at least 6 feet apart!

No comments:

Post a Comment